Filed under: Uncategorized
There was good discussion here about who is a Christian, and now it is time for the obverse. Who would you not sit with in Christian fellowship. I am not in anyway playing the “who is saved ” game. Salvation is of God, and the role of Judge is His alone. Let me put this in a setting that maybe less offensive, but still allow us to put a point across.
We are all in a distant land on the mission field. After a safe, productive year we are having a Thanksgiving feast. We are going to thank God and have a good time in fellowship. Who is not on your list of partisipants. Who, just by being there, would ruin the mood of Christian love and brotherhood for you. It is like we all are planning our guest list, who is not on the list? We don’t hate these people, we just are not going to let them join the club because…..
Don’t be shy, let us know, tell us why.
It is my pool, I will dive in first.
- Todd Bently, I will use youtube as my why. Come on people!
- John Crowder , and anybody who “tokes the Ghost”. I knew cannabis, I know Jesus, if you don’t know the difference you don’t know nothin’. No turkey for these turkeys!
- Anybody who belongs to a denomination that is assured I am going to hell for my denominational affiliation, and actually believes it. If you don’t think I will be with you in heaven you can’t be with me at this dinner. We are celebrating an eternal fellowship after all. I love these guys anyway, I will send them a plate of left overs, with gravy, but no seat at the table.
- Anybody who ever held a sign that says “Jesus Hates Fags” or the like and has not repented. Homosexuals need a Savior, so do you and I. This includes anybody who ever protested a heroes funeral for any reason. Not a drop of cranberry sauce.
- Benny Hinn. [Unless this guy could shout , “fire!” at the stuffed, cooked, bird before us and have it fly away.] How much damage to the Word can one guy do?
- Anybody who says that the Bible meant something a long time ago, but it means something completely different now. We have no common ground for dinner conversation. I have a guide book and compass, you have suggestion list. I’ll save you a wing.
- David Cloud. He wouldn’t come anyway. This man is more sure of being right and inerrant in his hermeneutics than any Pope or council of bishops has ever been. It was his separatist, super holy group that was the monster that ate my friend Frank, ruined Frank’s marriage , killed his two churches, and convinced a good man he was not even saved. He was told to keep serving communion, however, as he was probably most closest to saved of anyone in North East Pa. I got a score to settle. Not good dinner company. No soup for you! You very, very bad man!
Well that is my list. It is my party, I can invite who I wish. I have no idea of the state of their souls, I am judging their company. Will you join me now in saying Grace?
Dear Almighty Father, bless our fellowship and strengthen our souls with Your Spirit as this food feeds our bodies. Give me your love, as I have trouble loving the uninvited, even though I know I should. Shape me closer to Jesus who loved us all. Help those at this table get a good true message out to the world. In Jesus name we pray, amen.
15 Comments so far
Leave a comment