Filed under: Uncategorized
I am using this image as I have stood where my brother stands, and felt what he is feeling, besides, I have no picture of me in like circumstance, and besides, this man is FAR more handsome than I.
I salute my brothers and sisters of the faith, who value good doctrine and try with all their might to please God by following His Word as they understand it, to the depths of their souls. Good doctrine is important, even critical. I do not respect the traditions of men, as we are sinful and fallible, and I truly believe that the bible gives us all we need to follow God faithfully.
We are warned in scripture by the Apostles, the Prophets , the Inspired Writers, and the Savior Himself, that men would pervert and twist the Ways of God to suit the ways of man. I salute, and I do not salute lightly, your efforts and your principles. Please allow me to stand with you on the side of Scriptural Doctrine.
Allow me to explain the tears. As a brother Fireman morns the loss of fellowship and the tragic waste of a death in the line of duty, I morn the loss of fellowship and tragic waste of witness so many of my doctrinally sound brothers cause by their legalistic attitudes. To some of these people ” legalistic” is a complement. “Competitive Christianity” is a sport at which all are losers. By being so conscious of every jot and tittle of the Word, they seem to have missed the sentences, the paragraphs, the epistles themselves. They understand the points, but do not connect them into a line. It is in their criticism that their heart is shown. Children of a forgiving God can not emulate Him by being , at least in their own eyes, perfect while seeing the faults of others. It can only be assumed that they have removed all motes. Some examples found on blog pages and in pulpits:
- Joel Olsteen is not Satan, Satan would never advise so many people to find a bible preaching church near their home. You may not like his style or content, but Satan?
- Billy Graham may have said a couple things you don’t like, but he never said he was perfect, he said Jesus was. When you have pointed as many people to the cross as did he, feel free to criticize.
- Mark Driscoll can not be called apostate because you do not like his T-shirt. His word usage is appropriate for his flock. When you have pointed as many people to the cross as has he, feel free to criticize.
- All Catholics are not Hell bound. I am no fan of Rome, but Christ has more to say about this than does the Pope.
- It is possible that “theoldadam” has been redeemed yet not turned Baptist. [I said possible, as in , “All things are Possible with God”]
- Rick Warren will not go to Hell for using Isa as a name for Yeshua the Messiah, it is no less an affront then calling Him by a Greek version of a Hebrew name. Jesu forgives.
- True life stories abound on the Internet of churches beating people down. Graceshaker’s story brought tears to my eyes. This is done in the name of Jesus? Look around, you can find some bragging about these incidents.
- John MacArthur is not the Second Coming, he is merely a great expositor, but human and possibly in error [but not much].
- Steve Brown [Steve Brown,etc.com] will not go to the “smoking” section of the afterlife for being a pipe smoker
- We are saved by Grace through Faith, not by our doctrine.
The attitude I have tryed to describe is one reason why it is hard to fill a church today, or find a church if you are looking. My friend Texas Rob of ” A Voice Crying out in the Wilderness ” has as his most recent post the desperate feelings of a futile search for fellowship in his area. I have felt it myself. Until I was in the pulpit at Dayspring I never had a fellowship could fit into as the churches I could salute for biblical accuracy had a Pharisaical attitude, and the lovey dovey churches barely used a bible.
It hurts to see the Way of Truth and Love be used as a weapon. I am not sure my doctrinally correct friends will allow me to stand in their ranks. I take great hope in Jeofurry, and Shawn W, and Graceshaker, Mike Bell, Ike, Joe, John, and Dr. Headly, and Rev. Andy Little, and the rest of you, who seem to understand that good biblical doctrine can and must be infused with, coated with, and major in Love. John 3:16 shows us God’s motivation, pray that it becomes ours.
12 Comments so far
Leave a comment